Things you should know about Kids Help Phone:
- We're Canada's only toll-free, 24-hour, bilingual and anonymous phone counselling, referral and Internet service for children and youth. Every day, professional counsellors provide immediate, caring support to young people in urban and rural communities across the country.
- The service is completely anonymous and confidential - we don't trace calls, we don't use call display. You don't even have to tell us your name if you don't want to.
- We have more than 10,000 volunteers across the country including about 1,700 youth volunteers that we call Student Ambassadors. If you're interested in volunteering, contact your local Kids Help Phone chapter for more information.
- We hold fundraising events all the time - things like Bowlathons, movie days and the The Walk for Kids in support of Kids Help Phone help us raise the funds we need to be there when kids call or post online.
- Calling Kids Help Phone or posting an online question is free for young people across Canada - but running the service isn't free. We rely on donations from individuals, companies, clubs and associations to ensure we can continue being there for kids 24/7.
- Posters, brochures, PSAs and music videos supporting Kids Help Phone can be viewed here.
Want to learn more? Visit our corporate site - there's no counselling offered there, just great information about Kids Help Phone.