Help the youth in your life deal with stress and anxiety
Anxiety can be hard to understand. When young people are struggling with stress and anxiety, being there to listen can make a world of difference.
Here are 5 ways you can start the conversation:
- “Is something on your mind?”
- “You don’t seem like yourself lately. Do you want to talk?”
- “Is something worrying you? Can I help?”
- “What would help you feel better right now?”
- “Do you think speaking with a counsellor would be helpful?”
Remember, you don’t have to understand everything a young person is going through or have all the answers. Just being there to listen can make a real difference.
Youth need to know they’re not alone — that someone is always there to listen. And you can ensure someone will always be there with your powerful gift today.