Since 1989, Kids Help Phone has provided life-changing help and hope to young people in Canada. In 1990, we opened our regional office in Alberta to raise awareness among youth and engage the community to donate, fundraise and partner in our mission. Kids Help Phone is always open in any moment of crisis or need. We are a charity delivering anonymous and confidential counselling, information and referrals to young people 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in English and French. Often, we are the only source of support available after hours and around the clock in rural and remote communities across the province.
Get involved — help us be an ally to young people in need!
- As a charity, Kids Help Phone relies on donations to ensure we can remain always open — donate today!
- Sponsor an event. Please contact us for more information on these opportunities.
- Fundraise for Kids Help Phone — host an event, get your employer involved, take action.
- Volunteer with us — we rely on the gift of time from our volunteers to support our community-based awareness and fundraising programs.
- Create a Kids Help Phone School Club.
For more information about how to get involved or to make a donation, please contact your regional rep Syliva Whitworth:
Kids Help Phone
4331 Manhattan Road SE
Calgary, Alberta T2G 4B1
Kids Help Phone has been an ally to youth for over 28 years, speaking with young people every day. We are committed to improving youth emotional health and well-being by using actionable data and proven, innovative solutions to provide effective support– in any moment of crisis or need.
In 2017, in Alberta:
- 10,200 calls to Kids Help Phone came from Alberta
- 1,484 Live Chat counselling sessions took place in 2017
- youth from Alberta visited the Kids Help Phone website 1,013 times
- suicide was the most frequently discussed issue by youth in Alberta with a Kids Help Phone counsellor
Birdies for Kids
Through the Shaw Charity Classic, Birdies for Kids presented by AltaLink, is designed to help raise funds for Alberta’s youth-based charities, like Kids Help Phone. The event will take place this year on August 31- September 2, 2018. All of the proceeds will go directly to the selected charities, and The Shaw Charity Classic Foundation will then match these funds up to 50%. Donations to this event can be made from anywhere in Canada.
Walk so Kids Can Talk presented by BMO
What an incredible day it was at the Walk so Kids Can Talk presented by BMO. Thank you for joining our national day of community action and for celebrating Mental Health Week with us!
To see local event photos visit our Walk event page.
Look for Kids Help Phone at the following events in 2018:
- Rimbey Mud Bogs – July 21 and 22, Rimbey, AB
- Edmonton Casino – August 21 and 22
- Calgary PRIDE – Sunday, September 2
- This Girl Can Expo – Saturday, September 8
- Airdrie & District Victims Assistance Society – KHP Presentation, Saturday, September 15
- Visions Golf Tournament – Sept 26
- Southcentre Mall – Safety Days – Exhibit – Sunday, October 21
Thank you for supporting Kids Help Phone!