Since 1989, Kids Help Phone has provided life-changing help and hope to young people in Canada. We are proud to have our regional office available in Manitoba to raise awareness among youth and engage the community to donate, fundraise and partner in our mission. Kids Help Phone is always open in any moment of crisis or need. We are a charity delivering anonymous and confidential counselling, information and referrals to young people 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in English and French. Often, we are the only source of support available after hours and around the clock in rural and remote communities across the province.
Help us be an ally to young people in need! How you can help:
- a charity, Kids Help Phone relies on donations to ensure we can remain always open — donate today!
- Sponsor an event. Please contact us for more information on these opportunities.
- Fundraise for Kids Help Phone — host an event, get your employer involved, take action.
- Volunteer with us — we rely on the gift of time from our volunteers to support our community-based awareness and fundraising programs.
- Create a Kids Help Phone School Club.
For more information about how to get involved or to make a donation, please contact your regional rep, Kim Mardero.
Regional office location:
Kids Help Phone, Manitoba
PO Box 61017, Grant Park
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3M 3X8
Our counsellors are the most available, accessible direct support, without intermediaries, that a young person can find. By phone or online, we are also a seamless resource — offering a bridge for young people to community supports and services where available. We are able to link them directly to local supports through Canada’s most comprehensive resource database of youth-facing programs.
In 2017, in Manitoba:
- Kids Help Phone counsellors received 3,424 calls from youth in 2017
- 16% of all sessions between a counsellor and a young person included crisis intervention, the second highest frequency of all the regions
- Youth visited the Kids Help Phone website 13,209 times
- Suicide/Suicide Related concerns were the top issues discussed with Kids Help Phone counsellors
- There are 632 Manitoba-based resources in Kids Help Phone’s resource database for youth to find local support (such as shelters, health clinics, LGBTQ services and counselling centres)
- At 9% of all sessions, youth discussed emotional abuse issues more than any other province, and almost three times the national average of 3.5%
Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone is now available in Manitoba 24/7!
2018 is a pivotal year for Kids Help Phone in Manitoba because of the launch of the texting service trial in the province. Manitoba youth were the first in Canada to access this new channel of non-verbal, 24/7 support through text. Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone is also helping to improve accessibility for young people living in rural and remote areas within the province.
If you are a young person in Manitoba, you can now text for support. A Crisis Text Responder will help you with any issue – big or small. The service is free, confidential, and available 24/7/365. Learn more about the service.
If you would like to help spread the word about the service in Manitoba, check out these resources.
Being There for Kids Breakfast
Join Kids Help Phone for our most important meal of the year! Our annual Being There for Kids Breakfast event in Winnipeg, held in October, hosts guests representing the business community and public sector, who all believe that no young person should ever feel alone. We promise to treat you to an inspirational morning filled with impactful stories, important service updates, delicious food, an exciting raffle and an inspiring keynote speaker. For more information about the Being There for Kids Breakfast in Winnipeg, click here.
Third Party Local Events:
Pop Punk Party 2
The 2018 Annual Pop Punk Party is a fundraiser to promote mental health awareness and suicide while supporting Kid Help Phone. Local Winnipeg bands play your favourite pop punk music! This year’s concert is featuring Single Player Campaign, Parkview, Screaming at Traffic, The Brotherhood & Co.
The Pop Punk Party 2 is being held Thursday, August 30th at the Park Theatre in Winnipeg and tickets are $10 each. Ifyou can’t make it to the show, but would still like to help out, SUPPORT tickets are also available for $10.
Walk so Kids Can Talk
What an incredible day it was at the Walk so Kids Can Talk presented by BMO. Thank you for joining our national day of community action and for celebrating Mental Health Week with us!
To see local event photos visit our Walk event page.