Since 1989, Kids Help Phone has provided life-changing help and hope to young people in Canada. Kids Help Phone is always open in any moment of crisis or need. We are a charity delivering anonymous and confidential counselling, information and referrals to young people 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in English and French. Often, we are the only source of support available after hours and around the clock in rural and remote communities.
Help us be an ally to young people in need! How you can help:
As a charity, Kids Help Phone relies on donations to ensure we can remain always open — donate today!
- Sponsor an event. Please contact us for more information on these opportunities.
- Fundraise for Kids Help Phone — host an event, get your employer involved, take action.
- Volunteer with us — we rely on the gift of time from our volunteers to support our community-based awareness and fundraising programs.
For more information about how to get involved or to make a donation, please contact us:
- By Phone: 204.770.8053
- By email
Our counsellors are the most available, accessible direct support, without intermediaries, that a young person can find. By phone or online, we are also a seamless resource — offering a bridge for young people to community supports and services where available. We are able to link them directly to local supports through Canada’s most comprehensive resource database of youth-facing programs.
In 2017, in Nunavut:
- there were 131 total counselling sessions from youth or one every 3 days
- youth used Phone for counselling slightly more at a rate of 60% Phone to 40% Chat.
- the issue youth most frequently discussed was Suicide/Suicide-Related – Self Ideation/Attempt.
- 5% of service users reported living in a First Nations, Métis or Inuit community.
Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone is now available in Nunavut 24/7!
2018 is a pivotal year for Kids Help Phone in Nunavut because of the launch of the texting service trial in the province. Youth in Nunavut were among the first in Canada to access this new channel of non-verbal, 24/7 support through text. Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone is also helping to improve accessibility for young people.
If you’re a young person in living in Nunavut, you can now text for support. A Crisis Text Responder will help you with any issue – big or small. The service is free, confidential, and available 24/7/365. Learn more about the service here.