Since 1989, Kids Help Phone has provided life-changing help and hope to young people in Canada. In 1999, we opened our regional office in Saskatchewan to raise awareness among youth and engage the community to donate, fundraise and partner in our mission. Kids Help Phone is always open in any moment of crisis or need. We are a charity delivering anonymous and confidential counselling, information and referrals to young people 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in English and French. Often, we are the only source of support available after hours and around the clock in rural and remote communities across the province.
Help us be an ally to young people in need! How you can help:
- As a charity, Kids Help Phone relies on donations to ensure we can remain always open — donate today!
- Sponsor an event. Please contact us for more information on these opportunities.
- Fundraise for Kids Help Phone — host an event, get your employer involved, take action.
- Volunteer with us — we rely on the gift of time from our volunteers to support our community-based awareness and fundraising programs
For more information about how to get involved or to make a donation, please contact us:
- By Phone: 204.770.8053
- By email
Our counsellors are the most available, accessible direct support, without intermediaries, that a young person can find. By phone or online, we are also a seamless resource — offering a bridge for young people to community supports and services where available. We are able to link them directly to local supports through Canada’s most comprehensive resource database of youth-facing programs.
In 2017, in Saskatchewan:
- there were 16,676 website visits to connect to service or view tools and resources.
- we received 3,586 calls or approximately 10 calls per day
- there were 1,484 Chat counselling sessions, or 8% of all Chat counselling sessions
- youth discussed substance use/misuse or addictions 46% more than the national average.
- 48% of all counselling sessions were with young people aged 14-16 – higher than the national average of 40%.
- suicide/Suicide Related concerns were the top issues discussed with Kids Help Phone counsellors.
- crisis intervention took place in 15% of counselling sessions with youth, slightly higher than the national average.
Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone is now available in Saskatchewan 24/7!
2018 has been a pivotal year for Kids Help Phone, partly because of the launch of our texting service trial in Manitoba. Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone is now available across Canada. Young people can text with a volunteer Crisis Responder for support with any issue — big or small. The service is free, confidential and available 24/7/365.
The national rollout of our texting service means more young people in Canada will have access to support in the way they need it most. Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone expands the range of services we provide to youth who are looking for support.
Whether the preference is for support over the phone, through Live Chat or via text, young people across Canada now have more support options available to them at any time of day, in English and French.
Learn more about Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone.
If you’d like to help spread the word about our service, check out these resources.
Walk so Kids Can Talk
What an incredible day it was at the Walk so Kids Can Talk presented by BMO. Thank you for joining our national day of community action and for celebrating Mental Health Week with us!
To see local event photos visit our Walk event page.