National Youth Council Application
Kids Help Phone’s National Youth Council (NYC) is comprised of a small group of youth ages 14-24 from across Canada who are passionate about emotional health and well-being. The council meets monthly (via Google Hangouts) to share ideas and opinions and collaborate on projects that impact Kids Help Phone’s organizational activities.
- 4-8 hours/month (including monthly meeting via Google Hangouts & toll free conference line, as well as project based work)
Key roles and responsibilities
- participate in monthly NYC meetings from September – June
- collaborate with other NYC members and staff in and outside of meetings
- support the achievement of Kids Help Phone’s strategic plan
- advocate for youth emotional health and well-being
- 14-24 years old
- fluent in English
- passionate about youth emotional health and well-being
- enthusiastic, committed and opinionated
- personal values may be different but align with Kids Help Phone’s core values courageous, collaborative, innovative, resilient and trustworthy
- desire to learn with Kids Help Phone
- work with a highly motivated team
- make a difference in your community
- gain leadership and mentorship experiences
- earn volunteer hours
If you are interested in volunteering as a member of Kids Help Phone’s National Youth Council, we would love for you to apply.
- fill out the questionnaire below
- submit your resume and 2 references (including your references' name, workplace, role, phone number and email) in English, to our Community and Youth Engagement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team will get back to you after the application closes on August 6th. If you have any questions, please contact us.