At Kids Help Phone, we know that business as usual is not good enough for the people we serve. Our success is built on engaging courageous, collaborative and innovative people who are comfortable stepping outside their comfort zone to turn vision into reality.
Whether working on your career path or looking for the right volunteer opportunity, come join our dynamic team of professionals. Our people tell us making a difference in young people’s lives is one of the major reasons they come to Kids Help Phone.
Seven reasons to join our organization:
- Our culture is built on collaboration, innovation and trust.
- We are passionate about helping young people in their career path and provide enriched training opportunities through our Internship program.
- We are a global leader in youth mental health and international help lines.
- We provide opportunities for development through internal secondments.
- We offer an environment that encourages new thinking and new perspectives.
- We offer attractive benefits for our full-time staff.
- We are proud to be among one of the first organizations to have received accreditation from Imagine Canada for complying with high standards of practice in the charitable sector including financial accountability, transparency and good governance.
View our current job openings.
Thank you to the thousands of people who volunteered to become crisis responders. General applications are currently closed. However, we’re still recruiting for overnight and/or bilingual (fluent in French and English) volunteers. Read more here.
Get information about how your thoughts, feelings and behaviours are connected and what you can do to care for your well-being. Learning about mental health can help empower you with the language to communicate how you’re feeling.
Practise with tools, tips and resources to help build your skills and improve your wellness in the way that feels best for you. Learn how to identify your strengths, communicate thoughts and feelings, overcome obstacles and connect with support.
Take a quiz
Find out how much you know about specific topics and get resources to learn more.
Play a game
Reduce stress and have fun at the same time.
Map out your support network
Identify who and where your community is to get help when you need it.
Share what’s on your mind
Try different tools to express how you’re feeling.
Make a safety plan
Access tools for safety planning and reporting.
Regain calm and relax with these activities.
Try a self-assessment
Identify how you’re feeling and find resources to support you right now.
Explore lived experiences from other young people across Canada. Learn from real-life youth stories, gain new ideas and ask questions to connect and inspire your own wellness journey.
If you need help right now, you can talk to a trained volunteer crisis responder about anything you're going through. No issue is too big or too small.
If you identify as Indigenous,you can ask to be connected with a First Nations, Inuk or Métis crisis responder (if one’s available) by messaging FIRST NATIONS, INUIT or METIS to 686868 or through Facebook Messenger. All of our e-mental health services are free 24/7 for people across Canada.
Connect with a professional counsellor to better understand what you're going through and help take a step in the direction you want to go.