Finding Hope: Indigenous Youth Action Plan
Kids Help Phone’s Action Plan for Supporting First Nations, Inuit and Métis Young People
Kids Help Phone’s Indigenous Advisory Council has challenged us to achieve seven ambitious goals through the implementation of Finding Hope: Kids Help Phone’s Action Plan for Supporting First Nations, Inuit and Métis Young People. These goals will be reached with the generous support of donors and partners between 2019 and 2022. Our Action Plan includes 37 specific activities that outline how we’ll achieve these goals. We’ll monitor and measure our success through a comprehensive evaluation plan.
The goals of our Action Plan for supporting First Nations, Inuit and Métis young people are:
- increase Indigenous counselling and crisis response sessions to 20 per cent of all sessions annually by 2022
- maximize Indigenous access to counselling, crisis response and mental, emotional and spiritual well-being resources
- promote the mental, emotional and spiritual well-being of Indigenous young people
- increase Indigenous education among Kids Help Phone’s staff, volunteers and Board of Directors
- increase Indigenous representation of staff and volunteers to a minimum of five per cent by 2022
- expand Resources Around Me to include at least 6,500 Indigenous-focused resources by 2022
- contribute to the benefit of Indigenous and settler people in Canada
Please join us in supporting First Nations, Inuit and Métis young people by donating or contacting us for more information.