Media and publications
The newsroom is where you’ll find Kids Help Phone’s latest news releases and media statements, as well as up-to-date information and publications about the organization and the young people we serve.
To make an enquiry, learn more about a recent news release or schedule an interview with a Kids Help Phone representative, please contact us. We do our best to respond to all enquiries within one business day during standard office hours (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST).
Please note that our 1-800 number is for counselling purposes only. If you need to urgently contact a Kids Help Phone staff member, please call our general enquiry line at 416-586-5437.
News releases and media statements
Kids Help Phone is a leading expert on the issues young people face. We talk to hundreds of kids every day and they share with us what they can’t share with anyone else. We regularly present our insights into the lives of youth in Canada by providing expert commentary and running media campaigns.
- Being there for young people and our staff through COVID-19, November 11, 2020
- Kids Help Phone launches data insights platform, October 8, 2020
- Kids Help Phone creates special back-to-school program, September 19, 2020
- Supporting BIPOC youth, June 19, 2020
- CTV special on May 22: Messages of hope to Canada’s youth, May 14, 2020
- RBC invests $1.3 million to develop mental health platform, May 7, 2020
- #NSSTRONG We are here for you 24/7, April 24, 2020
- Kids Help Phone seeks Indigenous volunteers to meet demand, March 23, 2020
- Kids Help Phone and We Matter team up to address Indigenous youth crisis in Canada, March 10, 2020
- Kids Help Phone Crisis Texting Service Help Young People Avoid Emergency Department Visits, November 19, 2019
- Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone turns one, November 6, 2019
- Kids Help Phone Chooses Republic — Agency to serve as lead strategic and creative partner for the organization, July 4, 2019
- NHLPA, Kids Help Phone Announce Three-Year Partnership, Nov 21, 2018
- Kids Help Phone Releases Results of 24/7 Texting Service Pilot Launch and Expands Nationally, Nov 6, 2018
- Kids Help Phone ready and prepared with youth support service during cannabis ‘legalization‘, October 16, 2018
- University of Guelph students to pilot new crisis text line, August 30, 2018
- Canada Health Infoway Teams up with Kids Help Phone to Provide Crisis Support Via Text, May 10, 2018
- Media Statement Re: Fatal Van Attack in Toronto, April 24, 2018
- Kids Help Phone sees increase in calls related to suicide in Alberta, April 9, 2018
- Media statement Re: Humbolt Broncos Tragedy, April 8, 2018
- Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone now available for Manitoba service trial, February 16, 2018
- Innovation keeps Kids Help Phone relevant to young people, The Globe and Mail, November 14, 2017
- Katherine Hay named new President and CEO of Kids Help Phone, October 20, 2017
- One in five teens in Canada seriously considers suicide, September 8, 2016
Young people in Canada have been turning to Kids Help Phone for help during their most difficult challenges for more than 30 years. Below, you can find detailed information about the challenges they face and our approach to giving them the support they need, when they need it most.
Financial statement 2019
Financial statement 2018
Financial statement 2017
Financial statement 2016
Financial statement 2015
Financial statement 2014
Financial statement 2013
Financial statement 2012
Financial statement 2011
Financial statement 2010
As a critical lifeline of hope and support, research shows how our services significantly improves the mental health and well-being of young people. Read our clinical service evaluation to find out how effective we are at reducing distress and helping young people see their problems more clearly.