National Youth Council
Kids Help Phone’s National Youth Council (NYC) is comprised of a small group of youth ages 14-24 from across Canada who are passionate about mental health and well-being.
The council meets monthly (virtually) to share ideas and communicates regularly to collaborate on projects that impact Kids Help Phone’s organizational activities.
National Youth Council member role description
- term begins in September and concludes in August
- participation in one virtual committee meeting (two hours) per month from September-June
- participation in two to six additional hours a month for project work and virtual collaboration
- council members are eligible to serve for a two-year term
Key roles and responsibilities
- participate in monthly virtual NYC meetings from September–June (with optional summer activities as determined by the council; summer season will be from June – August)
- support development of youth-facing content, including digital resources, marketing initiatives, and other innovations targeting youth
- work collaboratively with other NYC members and Kids Help Phone staff to brainstorm, develop and lead organizational projects
- provide insight and recommendations on opportunities for youth engagement, as well as emerging trends affecting youth
- must reside in Canada for duration of term and be legally eligible to participate in volunteer opportunities
- 14-24 years old (during term)
- passionate about youth mental health and well-being in your community
- committed to collaborative teamwork and willingness to take initiative
- represent and live Kids Help Phone’s values (courageous, collaborative, innovative, resilient and trustworthy)
- collaborate with a highly motivated team of like-minded individuals
- make a difference in your community by showing up for youth in Canada
- gain leadership experience
- earn volunteer hours (including opportunities to volunteer at Kids Help Phone events)
Applications for our 2020-2021 NYC are now closed.
Please check back in Summer 2021 to apply!