The newsroom is where you’ll find Kids Help Phone’s latest news releases, media coverage and up-to-date information about the organization and the young people we serve.
To make an enquiry, learn more about a recent news release or schedule an interview with a Kids Help Phone representative, please contact us. We do our best to respond to all enquiries within one business day during standard office hours (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST).
Please note that our 1-800 number is for counselling purposes only. If you need to urgently contact a Kids Help Phone staff member, please call our general enquiry line at 416-586-5437.
News releases and announcements
Kids Help Phone is a leading expert on the issues young people face. We talk to hundreds of kids every day and they share with us what they can’t share with anyone else. We regularly present our insights into the lives of Canadian youth by providing expert commentary and running media campaigns.
Here’s some of our recent coverage:
- Media Statement Re: Fatal Van Attack in Toronto, April 24, 2018
- Kids Help Phone sees increase in calls related to suicide in Alberta, April 9, 2018
- Media statement Re: Humbolt Broncos Tragedy, April 8
- Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone now available for Manitoba service trial, February 16, 2018
- Kids Help Phone announces new texting service partnership with Crisis Text Line, January 10, 2018
- Kids Help Phone receives ‘A’ in Financial Post’s annual report card on Canada’s most efficient and accountable charities, December 18, 2017
- Innovation keeps Kids Help Phone relevant to young people, The Globe and Mail, November 14, 2017
- Katherine Hay named new President and CEO of Kids Help Phone, News Release, October 20, 2017
- One in five teens in Canada seriously considers suicide, News Release, September 8, 2016