Need help right now? We can help.
Stressed out? Lonely? Being bullied? Feeling anxious or sad? Having suicidal thoughts? Worried about a friend? Young people from all over Canada reach out to Kids Help Phone in different ways when they don’t know who to talk to. We offer free, professional, anonymous and confidential counselling, in English and French, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What is counselling?
Think of counselling as a conversation with someone who wants to help, who knows a lot about the kinds of challenges young people face, and whom you can trust and who won’t judge you.
We all need support at one time or another. A counsellor can help you explore your options; you’ll decide what’s best for you.
- listen to you
- help you express yourself and your feelings
- help you see a problem more clearly and come up with options
- won’t judge you and always respect your privacy
- can refer you to helpful resources where you live
Some important things:
- We don’t trace calls or track IP addresses.
- You never have to give us your name or any other identifying information.
- We’re here for everyone between the ages of five and 20.
- You don’t have to have an emergency to get in touch — you can contact us for any reason.
Reaching out can be scary, but there’s always someone to listen at the other end of the line.
You can call us 24/7/365 at 1-800-668-6868.
If calling is not for you, that’s OK! There are many other ways you can reach out to us:
- Connect with a counsellor through Live Chat on your smartphone or online.
- Download our free mobile app, Always There, to get quick access to a counsellor at the touch of a button.
- Find local resources in your area through Resources Around Me.