Our e-mental health services
Kids Help Phone’s e-mental health services are here 24/7 for people across Canada. Below, you can learn more about the services we offer and how you can get support with mental health and well-being.
Can I contact Kids Help Phone for support?
Kids Help Phone’s non-judgmental, inclusive services are available to young people across Canada. This means we’re here for all kids, teens and young adults from coast to coast to coast.
If you contact Kids Help Phone’s youth support services as an adult, we’ll help you get the support you need. We may refer you to another service — such as Wellness Together Canada, Crisis Text Line Canada (text 741741), etc.
What can I contact Kids Help Phone about?
Kids Help Phone is here to support your mental health and well-being. While we don’t offer things like legal or medical advice, we may refer you to people who can.
What services does Kids Help Phone offer?
Kids Help Phone’s e-mental health services include phone and text support. Our one-to-one services are free, available in English and French and open 24/7. Each time you reach out, you’ll be interacting with a different counsellor or crisis responder. You can learn more about each of our e-mental health services below!
How can Kids Help Phone support me by text message?
It can be helpful to chat with someone about what’s going on for you without having to say it out loud. Young people can get support via text message 24/7 with Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone.
How can Kids Help Phone support me over the phone?
It can be comforting to hear a warm voice on the other end of the line when you need it. Youth can get support over the phone 24/7 by calling 1-800-668-6868. You can call us using a landline, cellphone or VoIP service on a computer.
When you call us, we’ll connect you with one of our professional counsellors. Our counsellors listen and ask questions to help you navigate through challenges and think about next steps that work for you.
And, from May to December 2020, our phone service is also offered in Arabic with the help of an Arabic-speaking interpreter.
Where else can I get mental health support and info?
Looking for more ways to get support and info? Here are some other resources to try:
- Facebook Messenger (a way to contact Kids Help Phone’s crisis responders through a web browser or a mobile app)
- Resources Around Me (Kids Help Phone’s database of youth support programs and services in communities across Canada)
- Good2Talk (confidential support services for post-secondary students in Ontario and Nova Scotia)
- Wellness Together Canada (a mental health and substance use portal for anyone in Canada)
- Crisis Text Line Canada (similar to Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone, but anyone in Canada can text 741741 for free, 24/7 support)
- Kids Help Phone Insights (a dashboard of anonymous data from the conversations we have with youth that anyone in Canada can view as a reminder they’re never alone)
You can also spend some time on Kids Help Phone’s website to look stuff up and find what you need on your own. You can try our interactive tools and games, read stories from young people and explore our articles for tips, info and inspiration. All of our content is supported by experienced professionals and is based on the latest research in mental health.
And lastly, you can browse our resources below to learn more about our services and how you can get support whenever you need it!