8 feel good tips to boost your mood
Everyone has good days and bad days. If you’re in need of a pick-me-up after a bad day, here are a few things you can do to beat the blues.
Tap the image below to expand it.
Having a bad day? Here are some ways to feel better.
Take your mind off it:
make plans with friends or family. Laughing and spending time with loved ones can be a good distraction from a bad day.
Let it out:
cry, yell, sob… it’s OK to express yourself in whatever way feels right for you.
focus on your breathing. Take a few deep breaths, relax your body and mind and concentrate on feeling better.
Focus on you:
what makes you happy? Take some alone time doing something just for you, such as listening to your favourite music or watching your favourite TV show.
if you’re having a bad day, helping to brighten someone else’s day may make you feel better. Do something nice for a friend or volunteer with a local charity.
draw, paint or write about how you’re feeling to turn your bad day into something creative.
Talk about it:
Sometimes all it takes to feel better is talking about a problem. You can speak to a friend, parent/caregiver or teacher about what’s on your mind. You can also call a Kids Help Phone counsellor at 1-800-668-6868.
go for a walk, dance to music or do some other physical activity you enjoy. This can help boost your mood and make you feel better (mentally and physically).
Remember: you’re not alone.
Almost everyone has bad days from time to time — lots of people feel the same way you’re feeling right now, but it will get better.
More info on emotional well-being:
- Feeling low? Boost your self-esteem with these tips.
- 10 ways to practice self-acceptance
- Words of wisdom: Positive quotes for your daily life
- 8 feel good tips to boost your mood
- 10 ways to live a more balanced life
- 6 celebrities share their mental health stories
- 8 ways to foster hope in your daily life
- How to calm down when you’re stressed
- 30 inspirational quotes to lift you up
- Digital detox: How to unplug and recharge