Kids Help Phone’s Live Chat counselling lets you connect one-on-one, in real time, with a Kids Help Phone counsellor, on the web or from our Always There app.
Some things can be hard to say out loud. If you need a little one-on-one time with someone who gets what’s going on in your life, you can connect directly with a Kids Help Phone counsellor through Live Chat. Talk about anything. It’s anonymous and confidential.
Live Chat is open 24/7.
How it works
- Click the “Chat” button at the bottom of the screen. You’ll be asked to fill out a short survey, and then you’ll be entered into a lineup to wait for a counsellor.
- A pop-up window will let you know where you are in the lineup.
- If you’re on a desktop computer, it’s OK to surf other pages while you’re waiting to chat, but keep an eye on the chat window.
- If you’re on a mobile device, please refrain from navigating away from the chat window — doing so will end your chat session.
- When it’s your turn to chat, you’ll see a message from the counsellor in the chat window. You’ll need to respond to the counsellor within one minute in order to keep your session.
Always There app
The Always There app has been revamped to focus on one thing — making sure you have a positive chat experience. Connecting with a counsellor is easier than ever. And you’ll stay connected even if you need to answer a call or do something else on your device.
If you ever experience any technical issues when using Live Chat, please let us know by filling out the following questionnaire.