Kids Help Phone knows the news has been dominated by some upsetting headlines over the past year. We also know that COVID-19 — a novel coronavirus (a.k.a. new virus) affecting people in Canada and across the world — is something that may be impacting many areas of your life and causing feelings of stress, uncertainty, concern and more.
Where can I get information about COVID-19?
We encourage you to visit the Government of Canada’s website for more information about COVID-19, including the latest updates, how you can protect yourself, what the symptoms are, what treatments/vaccines are available and what you can do if you feel sick. You can also visit KidsHealth for more details about the virus and what you can do if you’re worried about a friend or family member.
Here are some additional resources you can check out for more related info:
- WATCH — COVID-19 vaccine: Does it work? Is it safe? When can kids get it? (CBC Kids News)
- Self Care During COVID-19 (mindyourmind)
- ThriveSMH on Instagram (@thrivesmh)
- Kids Help Phone counsellor Abbiesha talks COVID-19 (OWLconnected)
- How to spot fake news and counter their spread during COVID-19 (UNESCO)
- Stigma-Free COVID-19 Youth Wellness Toolkit (The Stigma-Free Society)
- COVID-19 Youth Mental Health Resource Hub (Jack.org)
Who can I talk to for support?
What other trustworthy resources are available?
We also want to share some resources with you that may be helpful during this time.