We’re here for you during COVID-19 (novel coronavirus)
Kids Help Phone knows the news has been dominated by some triggering headlines lately. We also know that COVID-19 — a novel coronavirus (a.k.a. new virus) affecting people in Canada and across the world — is something that may be on your mind.
Where can I get information about COVID-19?
We encourage you to visit the Government of Canada’s website for more information about COVID-19, including the latest updates, how you can protect yourself, what the symptoms are and what you can do if you feel sick. You can also visit KidsHealth for more details about the virus and what you can do if you’re worried about a friend or family member.
Here are some additional resources you can check out for more info:
- Stigma-Free COVID-19 Youth Wellness Toolkit (The Stigma-Free Society)
- Kids Help Phone counsellor Abbiesha talks COVID-19 (OWLconnected)
- COVID-19 Youth Mental Health Resource Hub (Jack.org)
- WATCH — Justin Trudeau answers kids’ questions about the coronavirus (CBC Kids News)
- Never Alone: NHLPA Members Offer Virtual Support To Young People (NHLPA)
- How to spot fake news and counter their spread during COVID-19 (UNESCO)
Who can I talk to for support?
What other trustworthy resources are available?
We also want to share some resources with you that may be helpful during this time. You can browse through articles, tools and more below!